I think the picture says it all. Sometimes life gives you lemons...and sometimes a huge shark comes up unexpectidly and bites you in the arse.
Today I got a call from my OBGYN and my pap smear came back with irregular cells. I've never had an irregular pap before so they are wanting me to come back in 6 months to see if they have gone away or if they need to do further tests. It's scary. Josh has been very supportive of me and reassuring me its probably nothing. I hope he's right.
Yesterday my mom, stepmom, aunt-in-law, & cousin-in-law went to Regency beauty college and got Pedicures. it was fabulous. It was only $19. I got dark purple with teal polka dots on my big toes. Also they have a program that every 6th visit you either get a $10 gift card or a free speciality facial &&&& everytime you refer someone they get a $5 gift card & you get a $5 gift card. Since I referred 4 people, that's $20! I am thinking about going back and getting dark lowlights underneath my hair to make it pop. Hair color is only $22 so I would only have to pay $2. Pretty good deal!!
Yea I know...my feet are UGH.
Afterward we went to Chick-Fil-A and got a milkshake. We had a really great time!! We looked like hens just clucking away. :o) I wuff my fam.
Tonight I'm going to my grandmas to visit before she leaves for Texas. Her sister lives there and she has been diagnosed with brian cancer. She is going to visit before starts her chemo. Cancer is the worst. It's a scary thought thinking that your body could become your own worst enemy and there is nothing you can do about it.
Children, Children, Children....The big talk...
I am so torn. Some people think that this abnormal cell thing is God's way of telling me that I should have a kid right now...and I think its a load of crap. A big factor (not the only one of course) is that I really want my grandparents to be around for the birth of their great grandchild. That is really important to me. My gradma's health is always up and down, so you never know how much time you have left with some people. Another is that I really think Josh and I would be good parents. The money situation is stressful from time to time, but I am such a bargain shopper I know I could make it work. I know that my friends and family would help as in if they see something at goodwill or something on sale they would tell me about it. I got good people like that :)
Alot of people say you shouldn't expect things from your baby shower but I know my family and I'm sure i'll get alot of good stuff, especially it being the first grandchild on both sides.
I want to get this abnormal cell thing taken care of, some bills paid off, and then start with the baby making. :)














Omigosh I am sooo afraid of pools sharks it's even not funny. =P
ReplyDeleteOk, now that the blog, the whole blog, and nothing but the blog has been posted I'll comment some more. hehe
ReplyDeleteI hope the abnormal pap is nothing and when you go back in a few months everything is A-ok.
As for the kids thing, you can never have enough money... trust me!! lol However as long as you pay off some bills, get some money put back and just make a great starting point for yourselves then you can make it work. You know I have tons of stuff to give you, and if little baby B is a girl.. you'll be set for like life! lol
Don't let others discourage you in your dream of starting a family. I think you guys will be awesome parents, and Izzy could use a playmate.
Hey there. I had an abnormal Pap too 2 years ago. Showed low grade HPV. I was terrified and tried to convince myself I had cervical cancer. With HPV- if it's a low grade (like yours and mine) they watch to see if your body will fight it off. Normally it does and you are good to go! I've had normal pap's for 2 years now :) Try and relax- I KNOW it's easier said than done. But know this. If they thought it was super serious, they would have you in there now. If you need to talk, PM me. I'll tell you my story :) And yes I'm soooo thrilled for my neighbors!
ReplyDeleteI have never had a normal pap! Except for the one they did at the doc when I was 8 weeks along - they didn't call me back so far with 'news'.
ReplyDeleteAllison, don't worry. Abnormal doesn't mean anything. One time they said to me I had a higher level of yeast "did i have a yeast infection" i said no lol (i knew!) so they said ok haha, another time it came back inconclusive...whatever that meant - they wanted me to go back but I didn't (baaaad). and ANOTHER time they told me they didn't get enough cells, go back (ugh.)
So long story short, as Ash and Amy said it will be nothing, don't worry darlin'! Just go to your doc and tell him to get it done right this time! lol xoxo
Aww thanks everyone! It's just scary because I've never had it happen...and then 6 months is a LONNNNG time to worry about crap like this!!
ReplyDeleteIt makes me breath a little easier knowing that it is not as abnormal as they say haha!
Ash...I know you've always got my back. Thanks for your confidence....It is hard to stand tall when you've got people ripping you apart for wanting to have kids. :o)
Cally...*slaps your hand* bad girl for not getting a follow up lol. But I'm glad nothing happened!!
Amy...thanks for reading and giving words of encouragement. I will do my best to relax. hopefully in a month I'll forget about it hehe.
I'm hopeful that everything will work out with your testing, and 6 months is a long time to wait. I would ask about a 3 month check up just to comfort you a little sooner.
ReplyDeleteAnd who cares about everyone elses opinions on having a baby. You and Josh are the only ones that can decide when the time is right. YOU are the ones that have to care for, support, and love that baby. Not them. So if you think your ready go for it!